Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you

I don't know if I'm the only one that has days of bad stuff happening to me, but it does. This week has been special.I don't go around looking to get into bad situations, but those ill-fated circumstances have been on my trail like an old biting dog.
It started when I failed to drag my dirty clothes down the stairs to the laundry room.My darling little Owner dashed to the rail and flang my skivvies at me as I was cutting across the front room heading for the kitchen. All I could think of was the hot espresso I was about to create. Some how she made a ringer on the top of my head. I don't know how she was able to pull that off, but she did.The incident was followed by a round of malicious belly laughs. followed by one of those warnings about picking up after myself.
The other remarkable thing happened as I finished eating a banana down by the barbecue pit. I usually just toss the peel over the bank where the squirrels can eat the thing.Picture this... old Bubba sitting with his back to the drop-off, tossing the banana peel over his shoulder, thirty feet to it's intended destination. Sounds easy huh? Well, I had strung a clothes line at the edge also. Don't ask how I managed to hang the banana peel on the clothes line, but there is where it was hanging.She asked, in a sincere tone, if I was drying banana peels on the line.I just answered that I was aggravating those squirrels.
Yesterday, I convinced her to go trolling at the lake. Normally I skunk most of my fishing partners, but yesterday was once again special.She caught ALL of the fish. Not only all of them, but she even let me use her pole with the big flashers, while she read her book. I made a couple of passes through my favorite hole, and still didn't catch anything. She took the pole back and had a fish on in 30 seconds. I baited up and dropped my line back into the water. I told her that it was "ON"! ( the big fish derby)I was about to catch the next fish! No sooner than "ON" was out of my mouth, she smiled and said, "Yep it IS on", as she began reeling in another fish.
Worse yet, we had more than enough fish caught, so there was no point in catching any more. I tried in vain to get her to release fish so I could at least take one home that I had caught. She would have no part in releasing anything. Once she has the upper hand, she keeps on baring down until I'm reduced to ashes.I was totally skunked!!The rest of the day all she would say was the number fish she caught. No matter what I said, she would just blurt out the number.
No, I'm not going to tell how many she caught. It is painful enough already.
I suppose I shouldn't tell this part, but I had agreed to help her clean all of the rooms in the downstairs, if she beat me fishing.
My hands are sore! Not from fishing, but scrubbing. Sometimes I learn slow, but I "do" learn.I have at least one more day of cleaning, and then I may go fishing again.Before you ask, she is not going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home