Thursday, October 18, 2007

Oh Well

I write about a lot of things. It comes from my way of life, experiences, and opinions.I will never think that everything I say will be accepted by everyone. That is kool. I am different than some. Not just a tad, but real different.
I live a life style that has disappeared a hundred years ago in the lower 48, for the most part.
That's the reason I live here in the last frontier. I wouldn't change it for anything.
We still hold on to the old family values.
We still hang on to the pioneer spirit.
We still hang on to the belief that most folks are honest and have a good heart.
We still believe that a persons word is good and can be depended on.
We still believe in respecting others ideas and opinions.
We still live a faith based life, and respect others rights to believe in what they choose.
We respect the land and it's wildlife. We put wild game in our freezers, and work hard to see that the balance between man and beast is not disrupted to where wild life is in jeopardy.
Our life-style is very close to nature and we co-exist in a natural-peaceful manner.
Most eco-nuts have no clue how the real world can co-exist with nature. I suppose that they are so removed from reality, that all they know is what some air-head has told them.Yet, they have the right to their opinions too.
I know that those who believe in nothing,in fact, automaticly believe in the forces of darkness. Those are the bravest souls around. They gamble on eternity as if it will never affect them. Some will find out much too late.The bad part is...they can't change anything at that point.
When I brag on my Creator, it always gets a raise out of them. I guess it tends to make them a bit nervous to think that there may be a real Heaven, or possibly a real hell. Since they reject the first plan, the thought of a real hot-place makes them a tad squeemish. It's still their choice. Be it far from me to persuade them any differently.
It does make me sad to get comments from them attacking me for what I believe.I guess when that old ticker stops, we both will know who was right.
Until then, I plan on writng about my daily challenges and dumb mistakes.I will continue to share my personal experiences and sometime humorous events that we all experience, but never talk about.I will continue to share the lessons I learn and some of my own "made up" sayings, or bits of wit.
Here is one.. :telling my wife she can't do something, is like throwing a t-bone at a hungry hound".
Here's one I learned years ago.." telling her to shut up, is like throwing a fire-cracker into a hen house."I doubt if I ever would get away with something like that!
One "commenter" wrote that I was just a scared little boy. When it comes to my little "owner", I do have a bunch of good old common sense!
On the same hand, I spent the night in the wilderness with a wounded grizzly that I shot with an arrow. The next day, they bandaged up my wounds, and I skinned the bear. His hide is on my wall, my hide isn't on his.
Yep, I was scared. Still have bad dreams about it!
Keep those comments coming. I'm encouraged by the positive ones and not much bothered by the negative.
George"Bubba"Hunt, walking "The Wilderness Trail".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home